The new year isn’t that far off and although I am not a big fan of New Year’s resolutions, I am a big fan of mapping out what I want my life + biz to look like in the new year. As the saying goes…
Failing to plan, is planning to fail. – Alan Lakein
So, in the spirit of planning and aspirations, I thought I would share with you some of the questions I ask myself as I map out my year ahead…
1. How do I want to feel? This is my favorite question and I believe it’s one of the most important questions. Identifying how you want to feel as you go throughout your day is so powerful. It sets an intention for yourself and helps you choose the things that align with what makes you feel that way. I have included this in the 2014 Life + Biz Planner weekly layout, because it directly impacts your life and is highly empowering.
2. What do I need to do to feel that way? Now that you know how you want to feel, identify things that make you feel that way. You may also identify things that you need to let go of, because they make you feel the opposite of your desired feelings. Practice this tip and I promise you will see amazing results.
3. What are 50 things I want to do this year? This question does two things… it connects you to the things you really want to make happen and gives you a list of things to pull from when you have a day off or free time and are trying to think of something to do. Plus, it feels flipping awesome to work your way through the list and cross things off.
4. What income goal do I have for the year? You have to stake a claim on how much you want to make, before you can start planning on how you are going to make it. I always have a yearly goal, then broken down into a monthly goal and sometimes broken into weekly or hourly. It depends on what I am working on.
5. What are things can I do to reach my income goal? Once you know how much you want to make, you can start mapping out your income plan. What are things you can do to reach your income goal? When I work my clients we always map out what they need to do, to reach their goal. What products and/or services are you going to offer and when? How are you going to offer them?
6. If I could paint a picture of my life in 2014, what would it look like? This is another piece that is in the 2014 Life + Biz Planner. Mapping out your vision is such a powerful exercise. This is another one of my favorites! Putting what you want to create in your life and how you want it to look is incredibly powerful. Be specific and have fun with it.
7. What are some of the goals you want to accomplish this year in your life + biz? Look at the big picture and identify the goals you want to set for yourself. I would also encourage you to set weekly goals as well and/or use your big goals to break down into little steps and use these as mini goals that you can plug into your week.
There you have it… 7 questions you can use to get you started with mapping out your best year yet! Day Planner and/or Journals are a great way to support you as you do this! I encourage you to pick one up or take a peek at the 2014 Life + Biz Planner.
What big plans do you have for 2014?